Football season comes to an end

Sebastian Lannan, Writer

The Marshfield Football team had a mind-blowing season considering the amount of effort the players put in this year. The Marshfield football team worked hard at practice and focused on what they needed to get done. As a result, they have been doing great the last couple of seasons.
The team only had a JV and varsity team this year, so the freshmen did not get to participate in their own season. They still put in a lot of effort and work in the JV team.
Varsity ended with a 5-5 season, an improvement from the 4-6 record for the 2020 season.
JV ended with a 7-2 season.
The team and the coaches would have liked the record to be better, but they both have winning records. The coaches say after seeing this season, they are excited to see what happens in the future with the team and what they can do. Cody Bull, head football coach, has said that this football team is heading in the right direction. Bull also shared that a lot of players had a great season and some of them grew up a little bit during it.
For the next season, the football team will be ready and better than this year. The players are excited to see what happens next for the team and to work just as hard as before. Most importantly they are excited to see the growth of the players throughout the next year.
Antonio Brown, NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneer player, said “The journey is never-ending. There’s always gonna be growth, improvement, adversity. You just gotta take it all in and do what’s right, continue to grow, continue to live in the moment.” Brown captured how the players and coaches feel for the next 2022 season.