The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Blossoming Festival

Missouri Cherry Blossom Festival in Marshfield, MO Facebook

For the past 19 years, Marshfield has been hosting the annual Cherry Blossom Festival and this year the tradition will be continued. Nick Inman, president of the event, originally started it because of his love for history. He wanted others to be as passionate about history as he was while having fun learning. As the years went on, Inman was able to invite famous stars from old television, presidential descendants, eyewitnesses from life-changing events, authors and all sorts of people who have made an impact on history or pop culture. The festival is always held the last full week of April, consisting of formal events like the tea party and community events like the vendors on the square. Following in her father’s footsteps, sophomore Reagan Inman, will be stepping in her father’s footsteps by organizing school events and is stepping up as vice president.

“This year I actually got my first official festival committee job,” said Inman. “I’m going to be in charge of arranging school speakers to come in. I’ve always had a list of teachers and speakers I wanted to arrange, so getting to actually coordinate with the guests is something I’m really excited about.”

One speaker that Inman is currently working with is a voice actor from the original “101 Dalmatians.” She is arranging for the second grade classes to meet with her while she reads the 101 Dalmatians book to them. The experience is one that not very many will be able to say that they also got to experience. The kids will remember this forever, which is Inman’s goal. 

Other events happening are the tea party and the state dinner, both formal events. At the tea party, which will be Cinderella themed, Inman will get the opportunity to perform alongside the original cast of “Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella” (1965.) Tickets sold out quickly and she can’t wait to perform. The state dinner is where people from all over the world come together and share a meal with visitors who have been coming for years. It is a black tie event and one of Inman’s favorites since she has been going her whole life. Every year there is a different speaker who “always seems to have interesting stories,” according to Inman. Last year they had one of the butlers of Princess Diana, and he told what it was like working for her. 

One event the whole town can participate in is the vendors on the square on Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27. There will be many sellers there from local businesses and crafts set around the square. Entrance is free and you can stay as long as you like. 

Many other events are happening throughout the week, including live music, worship service, food, a dog show and more. All week there is constantly something happening. The schedule can be found on the Missouri Cherry Blossom Festival in Marshfield, MO Facebook page.

“It’s always really busy for us, but a great time regardless. The food trucks always have the best barbeque and something interesting is constantly happening that is a once in a lifetime opportunity,” said Inman.