The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Introducing Mrs. Moore

The final teacher the Jay Chatter has to introduce is Julianne Moore. Moore is a new math teacher in the school, teaching Algebra I and Geometry currently, but once she gets her masters degree she may branch out into more subjects. This is Moore’s first year teaching, after graduating from MSU in 2023. Before that she graduated from our very own MHS in 2019. Moore’s reason for teaching here at Marshfield is simply because she grew up here and it’s familiar, and her mom’s also a teacher in the district.

One of Moore’s main reasons for becoming a math teacher is, “My own high school math teacher was a really good influence on me and inspired me to pursue teaching so I can spread the same knowledge to future generations.” 

Before Moore moved back here to teach, she worked at the Educational Community Credit Union in Springfield as a teller, a fitting position for someone who loves math. Some of Moore’s favorite things to do are knitting, watching TV, spending time with her family and jogging around the neighborhood. Another big joy in Moore’s life is traveling, so far she’s traveled to 38 states and 5 countries. Her favorite state was Alaska and her favorite country was Ireland. She hopes to visit more in the future.

Mrs. Moore wants everyone to know that, “Being back at MHS has been really exciting and I have really enjoyed getting to know my students and seeing how much they have grown throughout the year! I am looking forward to getting to do the same with more classes of students in the years to come.”