The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Farewell Mrs. Fields!

Image from Field’s Facebook

For 25 years Marshfield has been graced with the teaching of Kimberly Fields. For those who have not yet had the pleasure of meeting Fields, she is one of the longest serving science teachers in Marshfield, working since 1999. Fields is the advisor of the Marshfield Conservation Leaders and she has a broad knowledge on many science subjects such as; Anatomy, Biology and Scholars Biology, Chemistry, Ecology I and II, Genetics, Physical Science and Zoology, all of which she has taught. Out of all her subjects, her favorite one to teach hands down was Ecology. To no surprise her favorite trip she’s taken students on was the Florida Trip for Ecology II, which she’s only been doing for 2 years. Fields’ favorite lab is the collection of flowers and shells for Biology and Ecology respectively because she loves seeing all the specimens that students are able to find.

After retirement, Fields plans to do what most retired workers would do, sit at home and relax. She also looks forward to traveling around the world more like to Colorado and South Carolina with her husband and spending more quality time with her dogs and horses. As well as getting a greenhouse built for all her plants she’s been holding in her classroom. Speaking of plants, those who’ve seen her plant collection may have wondered which one is her favorite. Fields’ favorite plant out of her collection is the Angel Winged Begonia, which she named Dot, rightfully because of the polka dotted pattern covering the plant. 

But wait! We’re forgetting about another important part of Fields’ classroom, Fergie Fields! Fergie is 14 years old, and she’s been coming to to the high school for 12 of those years. As a puppy Fergie was an excitable dog, always running around and never stopping, and at that time Fields’ didn’t intend to bring her to the school. But Fergie eventually came to the school was because of her eyes. Fergie is heterochromic, one brown eye and one light blue eye, so Fields’ brought her in to conduct an experiment on what color frisbee would be Fergie’s favorite. After that Fields’ asked if Fergie could come to the school as a therapy dog after getting her trained, and the rest is history.

Fields has done an exponential amount of good for this school and has been an amazing teacher to thousands of students. Marshfield High School will miss her dearly, but will always remember the impact she had on the school. Fields’ words of wisdom to her fellow science colleagues, “Keep on teaching, students will always need brilliant and friendly teachers to lead them along the right path. Thank you all for being amazing friends, I will miss all of you!” 

Farewell Mrs. Fields!