Jay Chatter

Jays Win Big

Bradyn Porter, writer

All the work the MHS football team have been putting in since June was put to the test as the number two seed Marshfield Bluejays took on the number seven seed Bolivar Liberators. This isn’t just one regular game. This is the first time Marshfield has hosted a playoff game since 2003. That was also the last time that Marshfield beat Bolivar. These teams have a little history together as they used to be rivals in the Central Ozark Conference. Now the Bluejays are in the Big 8 and the Liberators are Independent.

The Bluejays started out with a field goal from senior Jarrett Meyer. Then Bolivar scored to make it 6 – 3, thanks to senior Brandon Pogue, who blocked the point after. Then in the second quarter, the Bluejays take back the lead when senior quarterback Brock Utecht, passes it to senior wide receiver Austin Porter, for the touchdown to put them up 10 – 6. Bolivar then scores again going into halftime, the Jays trailed 13 – 10. Then in the third quarter, junior defensive end, Ayden Rouse picks the ball off and runs it for a 90 yard pick six touchdown to make it 17 – 13. The lead changes more and more. The Bluejays then had the 24 – 20 lead at the fourth quarter.

Its four and one and senior Keagan Odell’s name is called to run the ball to get that extra yard. After eight minutes of deciding if he got the first down or not, the refs pointed towards the Bluejay end zone to signal that there was a first down. Then the Bluejays neal to seal the win 24 – 20.

The Bluejays will travel to Neosho on Friday, No. 2, to take on the number two seed and hopefully come out with the win to either face number one seed Webb City or number four seed Carl Junction. Go Jays!

Junction. Go Jays!

About the Writer
Bradyn Porter, writer

I'm Bradyn Porter. I'm a 15 year old freshman who likes basketball. I listen to 21 savage. This is my first year in the newspaper class. My favorite types...

• Jays Win Big

Fall

Girls Run Their Way to State

• Fall

Jays Win Big

• Fall

Season Review

• Fall

Last Game Against Rogersville

• Jays Win Big

Fall

Senior night against Aurora

• Jays Win Big

Fall

Senior night against Willard

• Jays Win Big

Fall

BlueJays take on Rogersville

• Fall

MHS Football @ Catholic

• Fall

MHS Soccer

• Fall

Volleyball Takes a Win

The Student News Site of Marshfield High School
Jays Win Big