Jay Chatter

Friday Night Football is BACK!

The MHS football team wearing their brand new black jersey.

Bradyn Porter, writer

On Friday, August 24, the MHS football team tested out the work that they have been putting in since May against the McDonald County Mustangs and it clearly paid off winning 41 – 7. After the game, senior Brock Utecht said, “Our line did a great job blocking for me and our running backs.” Utecht threw three touchdown passes, one to number 11, senior Austin Porter, and two to number 20, senior Truett Gardner. On a trick play, number 3 junior Brennan Espy threw a touchdown pass as well.

Senior Jarrett Meyer kicked a touchback every kickoff giving Marshfield defense the advantage on the field. Bluejay defense was a brick wall Friday night only allowing one touchdown and only seven first downs. Senior Teegan Boles had an interception and ran for a 11 yard touchdown at the end of the game. Senior number 52, Brandon Pogue intercepted the football in the second quarter giving Marshfield offense a possession advantage. Also, Junior Brooks Espy intercepted the football later that night.

For our student section, or the Bluejay Loud Crowd, it was black out night where students wore black to support our MHS football team. There was a surprise when the Bluejays stormed onto the field. They were wearing black jerseys. No one saw this coming.

When spoken to, senior Jacobi Villines and senior Parker Dinwiddie stated that they think that the men in blue will have a winning season this year. Villines predicts a 7 – 3 season and Dinwiddie predicted the same thing. When asked about their predictions in the game, Villines said 28 – 21 win and Dinwiddie predicted a 38 – 14 win.

Marshfield is now 1 – 0 and also 1 – 0 in conference. This Friday night they will be headed to Monett. 

About the Writer
Bradyn Porter, writer

I'm Bradyn Porter. I'm a 15 year old freshman who likes basketball. I listen to 21 savage. This is my first year in the newspaper class. My favorite types...

• Friday Night Football is BACK!

Fall

Girls Run Their Way to State

• Friday Night Football is BACK!

Fall

Jays Win Big

• Fall

Jays Win Big

• Fall

Season Review

• Fall

Last Game Against Rogersville

• Friday Night Football is BACK!

Fall

Senior night against Aurora

• Friday Night Football is BACK!

Fall

Senior night against Willard

• Friday Night Football is BACK!

Fall

BlueJays take on Rogersville

• Fall

MHS Football @ Catholic

• Fall

MHS Soccer

The Student News Site of Marshfield High School
Friday Night Football is BACK!