The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

An Enchanting Evening with MHS’ Cinderella

Show+poster
Show poster

As we know, Marshfield High School puts on a fall musical every year. For the first time in 25 years, a new teacher is in charge. Valerie Stockton, the new drama teacher, is taking the reins. 

This year, the musical chosen was the classic fairy tale “Cinderella.”

This year’s lead, Reagan Inman, sophomore, is ecstatic to take part. “This show means so much to me and has for my whole life,” Reagan states. “My family used to watch the Rogers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella movie that was made in 1965. I grew up watching that movie every time we were all together. I could recite the whole movie and sing every part of the songs. When I heard that we were doing Cinderella as the fall musical I was so happy and couldn’t wait to audition.” 

On the opposite side of the story we have the evil stepsister, Charlotte, played by sophomore Reagyn Frazier. She is very excited to work together with everyone as a family, and the opportunity that will come from this. 

Since every princess needs a prince, this play has to have a Prince Topher in it. Enter Ian Thompson, junior, who wants more than anything to express his creativity to the community and work with new faces.

Of course, Cinderella wouldn’t be the same without the Fairy Godmother, played by senior Shayla Smith. She thinks working with everyone in the play has been so much fun, and that they’re all outstanding both as people and performers. “The show is so magical, and I’m very excited for people to come see it in November!” Smith says.

The play will be held November 17-19 in the Carl and Glessie Young Auditorium here in the high school.