Seniors’ last win

The soccer team applauds the 2017 seniors

Savannah Clair, Writer

The Marshfield High School soccer seniors, Wyatt Greer and Reiss Ryder, take their last win 4-1 against West Plains Thursday, Oct. 19.

In the first half junior Cameron Lee made a unassisted goal making the score 1-0 before halftime. During halftime the team honored Greer and Ryder by presenting them with a gift and a flower to their mothers.

“I will miss my teammates and wish them the best in what they decide to do.” said Greer.

After the ceremony the boys went back on the field to play their last half at home. West Plains made one goal in the second half, but our Blue Jays followed with three more goals by Lee with an assist from junior Drew Barb, sophomore Danny Parrish with an unassisted goal and junior Jarrett Meyer with an unassisted goal.  The season ended with a 4-1 win over West Plains.

“I have had so much fun learning and playing alongside my team,” said Greer. “It was a good wrap up to the season and left a nice concluding feeling to the season.”  

Although it was their last home game the seniors are not entirely done. The annual banquet will be held to award all the players for the good work they have done this season and encourage the underclassmen to push harder for next year.