Senior First Half Finale

Destin Schroeder, Writer

This school year has been a whirlwind of school events. From homecoming to football season, from softball season to basketball season, this year has contained plenty of priceless memories. 

The school year started off with a bang with the annual Homecoming dance taking place on Sept. 21. This dance was just another one added to the list of successful school dances with plenty of memories made. Leading the Homecoming court were seniors Zane Henry and Addison Crider as they were presented as King and Queen at the Homecoming football game on Sept. 21. 

Another big part of this year so far, as is every year, was football season. The football team wrapped up their big season with their final home game on Oct. 26. Senior night was an emotional night for many friends and families of the players who have grown over the past four years. Some senior players include, Brennan and Brooks Espy, Thomas Mcillwain, and Parker Brusherd. 

Regarding his final season of high school football Brennan Espy said. “Honestly it doesn’t feel real knowing I will never put pads on ever again and play in front of my whole community, it’s kinda scary to think about.”

Jaywalkers are always a big part of the school’s athletics program. They always bring an entertaining presents to each home sports event. 

Senior Jaywalker, Mallory Totten said, “Being in my final year of Jaywalkers is so unreal…It’s bittersweet and I can’t imagine coming back to football and basketball games in the future to see the team perform without me.”

Softball ended in the fall and was led by Senior players such as Taylor Byrd and Reagan Rovig. They put together a solid season and qualified for districts. 

Basketball is the most recent sport to be introduced before the first half of the school year is wrapped up. Basketball is being led by seniors such as Drew Cromer and Addison Crider, both with high hopes for both of their teams with the season just getting underway. 

Second semester will have to find a way to top the memorable first half from this school year.