Basketball Has Begun!

Destin Schroeder, Writer

Basketball has begun for another season here at MHS as practices are underway. Practices are from after school until 5:30 pm at the High school and Shook Elementary. For most players it is just another year of school ball, but for some, this will be their final year playing basketball for Marshfield. 

Senior players Addison Crider and Drew Cromer have devoted a lot of their lives to basketball and are set on making this a great season for their senior year. 

“I’m looking forward to the challenge of leading a group of young guys that haven’t had any varsity minutes before and having a strong season,” said Cromer. 

Cromer says that the biggest supporters throughout his basketball career are, “Definitely my parents, without them I would be no where near the player I am today.”

“I am excited for my senior season, even though it’s crazy that it’s already here.” said Crider.

Crider plans on playing volleyball in college for her post high school plans.

Cromer would jump at the opportunity to play basketball in college by saying, “If it works out, I’d love to.” 

Cromer’s hopes for the team this year revolve around ending with winning at least half of the games or better this season. 

Crider’s goals for the girls team this season include playing at a fast pace and to win districts. Playing basketball for as long as these two students have, it would be easy to believe that this sport has somehow impacted their lives.

“It definitely has made me a lot busier since I play year round but it’s a sport that I love and I’m glad that I can play it.” said Cromer. 

“Basketball has shown me that a team is more like a family, and it has taught me how to be a good teammate.” said Crider 

The boys basketball team is being led by head coach Adam Carpenter, while the girls are being coached by Katie Pritchard.