Seniors Throw Down

Seniors line up on senior night with their parents.

Savannah Clair, Writer

Seniors threw down one last time on their home mat Jan. 9 against both Rolla and Parkview. Varsity clawed their way to the top against Rolla beating them with the final score of 39 to 36. Later that night, they soared high over Parkview, dominating with a 75 to 3 victory.

Before the meet the seniors were announced and walked out in front of the cheering fans. The Seniors included Nick Hill, Nick taylor, Klayton Brooks, Tristen Burton, Deryl VanNostrand and Zach Kurre.

During the first meet against Rolla, Marshfield wrestlers Brooks, VanNostrand, juniors Jordon Irwin, Clay Wilson and Travin Plemmons and sophomore Isaiah Ragsdale all pinned down their opponents earning their team 6 points each. Kurre earned his team 3 points.

After the first meet’s win the team was pumped to win again against Parkview. Taylor, Ragsdale, Kurre and Irwin all pinned down their opponent then Burton earned an additional three points for his team. Unfortunately for Parkview they had a lot of open weight classes- meaning they did not have a wrestler in that weight class- leading to six points for Hill, Leppert, Brooks, Wilson, VanNostrand, Plemmons, freshman Rozalyn Richerson and junior Raymond Moore.

For the seniors it was a great wrap up to the season. Most seniors won their matches, adding multiple points to the scoreboard for the team. As the seniors let go the juniors prepare to step up to lead the team next year.