MHS host college fair

Ally Ayers, Editor

Marshfield High School juniors and seniors participate in the annual College Fair in the main gym on Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017. Several different colleges from all over made an appearance to inform students about their college and if they are a good match.

The seniors were called down to the gym during seventh hour and the juniors attended during STAR. Each class had a chance to walk around the gym and speak to college representatives and ask questions on college life and the majors they offered.

Nobody knows what their future is, it just gives them options.

— Jeff Curley

Senior Riley Richwine comments on how important the college fair is to the student body, “It gives them an idea of what direction they want to go.”

The hopes for this event is each student to speak to the representatives and see what kind of opportunities are out there.

“I want them to get options about their future and how to pursue their options in the future. Jeff Curley says.

First time attendee, Callie Ingram from Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU), waits to talk to students about OBU and the different kinds of majors they offer. Ingram says for her first year it has gone well even though most of the students that stop at her booth are only there because their friend is there. With a good attitude and a bright smile, Ingram greets everyone that stops by her table.

“More than anything, I want people to see their options and really go for it.” Ingram states.

The College Fair ended as a success with students walking out of the gym with a college and a major in mind or multiple brochures and no idea what they want to do. Either way the college fair was a big deal for most students and teachers.

“Nobody knows what their future is, it just gives them options,” Curley comments.