Lights, Camera, Red Carpet…Pt. 1

Tai Keowan, Newspaper Staff

Lights, Camera, Red Carpet is the theme of the homecoming dance, which takes place on Sept. 30, 2017.  The candidates for this year’s Homecoming court are Seniors John Gray, Grace Tibbs, Nick Taylor, Emily Wipf, Nikki Ostrowski, Clayton Brooks, Cole Bullock and Hannah Robinson. The Homecoming court includes juniors Ashleigh Matney and Parker Cantrell, sophomores Madi Wardle and Jadon Wipf and freshman Ashlyn Harod and Hudson Aikens. Taylor and Cantrell both said they were “excited” for the upcoming dance. Freshman Hudson Aikens had commented. “I’m excited, it was a shock to be nominated on the court, I’ve been trying to amp up spirit week by going big.”

There are a lot of opinions on how to get ready for Homecoming and the theme that comes with that. There’s the makeup, the clothing, hair, nails and shoes. What’s the best way?  How to match what to what? Bullock gave some tips for guys on how to dress for an occasion. “Black pants usually go with anything, tucking in your shirt also increases the professional look exponentially. Khaki pants are a good color don’t overdress, find the right balance between dressy and not dressy.”

The anticipation for Homecoming is great. There are a lot of people excited especially Emily Wipf who is a big part of the spirit week and the homecoming floats. Wipf is President of Student Council had some interesting things to say about this year’s homecoming. “I think this year’s homecoming is going to be great and a great way to get students involved. [Also] really prepare ahead of time and get your dress ahead of time, Not last minute, because it’s harder to get homecoming dresses.”

Aikens had mentioned some advice he would give to next year’s freshman. “Go big, show spirit.”

Walk on the red carpet to the homecoming dance on Sept. 30, 2017.