LOOK OUT! IT’S TRUMP!

Savannah Clair, Writer

A former Marshfield High School student, Samantha Morris, was accused of attempting to ram into the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump’s limo with her car.

Wednesday, August 30, Nikia Hicks and Samantha Morris were driving to work when Morris’s brakes went out in her car on Turner in Springfield, Mo. To avoid a wreck they turned left into the grass next to the pond by Bass Pro Shops Basecamp, going over the curb and through the tall grass finally stopping on the side of Kearney where President Trumps limo had just passed only moments before. The back half of Trumps security pulled over to assess the situation and searched their car for any bombs or explosives. Since nothing was found, the secret service left to catch up with Trump while Morris and Hicks were left with the Springfield police.

A video was taken of the event and posted all over the internet with the caption: Vehicle attempts to ram Presidential Motorcade. After the video was uploaded Morris was sent threatening messages online. She made several Facebook posts explaining herself and asking everyone to stop with the hate messages. This little misunderstanding has caused a big backlash for her making the lesson for the day to check your brakes before Trump visits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_vBRTWdPk