The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Holiday Fun at Starbucks

2023 Christmas Flavors at Starbucks

Every year Starbucks releases holiday themed drinks, this year bringing back the Caramel Brulee Latte, Peppermint Mocha Frappe, Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte and, of course, Hot Chocolate. New to the menu, however, is the Iced Gingerbread Oat Milk Chai. I will be ranking these drinks from the ones I liked the least to the ones I liked the most. These are just my opinions, I suggest going and trying each for yourself.

My overall least favorite was the Peppermint Mocha Frappe. The flavor is very reminiscent of York Peppermint Patties, but is extremely strong. The peppermint flavor overpowers almost everything else in the drink. If you like peppermint you should definitely try this drink. 

Just above the Peppermint Mocha Frappe is the Iced Gingerbread Oat milk Chai. I am not a fan of tea at all, but the tea part was barely noticeable. The cinnamon, much like the Peppermint mocha, overpowered everything else. It was good, something I’d recommend. 

Iced Caramel Brulee was nothing special, it tasted like a simple caramel frappe. It wasn’t bad, but not something I’d go all the way to Starbucks just to get.

The classic Hot chocolate is my second favorite. While it was just a simple hot chocolate you could probably make for cheaper with the mix, I really enjoyed it. The amount of chocolate was perfectly rich, balancing the drink out nicely. 

My overall favorite is the sugar cookie almond milk latte. It tasted almost exactly like a sugar cookie, the almond milk was not noticeable. It was better warm than cold, perfect for a cold early morning.

This year’s holiday drink selection was great, I highly recommend going and trying these drinks for yourself.