The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Welcoming our Newest Art Teacher

Inter-State photography
Faith Day’s school picture

It’s that time of year again when we welcome new teachers to our staff, and our school is currently giving Faith Day a warm welcome. Faith Day is our newest art teacher here at MHS. She teaches Art 2D, Art 3D and Painting. She chose to come and teach at Marshfield because she went here as a student a few years ago. 

Day said she decided to become an art teacher because, “I love the environment that art classrooms provide for school. It was somewhere I could learn how to grow and really express myself, and I just wanted to be able to create that for others.” 

Before she chose to come back as a teacher, she worked as a Medical Secretary at Cox, a receptionist at a salon, and (her personal favorite) a Manager at Spirit Halloween. Marshfield High School is the first school she’s ever taught at. 

When she isn’t in the classroom helping students draw geometric shapes, she likes to go home and unwind by playing video games. Her favorites are video games in the horror or fantasy genre. She also loves books, and, obviously, likes to paint.