The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A New Year of Debate

The speech and debate team gets a new coach.
Contributed+photo
Contributed photo

At the end of last year speech and debate teacher, Angela Holtschneider, moved to Maryland with her husband, the former drama teacher. This year we’ve brought in a new teacher, Chasity Hance. 

Hance has been teaching speech and debate for 11 years now and is actually a Marshfield alumni, class of 2011. Before coming to Marshfield she taught at Gloria Deo Academy for two years and Springfield Catholic for 10 years. Even after all the years Hance spent teaching at other schools she was “waiting to come back home.”

Some of her favorite hobbies outside of school include traveling and crafting.

When asked why she decided to become a teacher, Hance said “I thought I was either going to go into family law, or I was going to go into speech and debate education. Ultimately I had a conversation with one of my friends and it was like ‘Ok, well why would you choose either of those?’ and I was like ‘Well I wanna change lives.’ and it begged the question ‘Where can I change more lives?’ and that’s why I chose education.”