Homecoming Parade!

The+Marshfield+Homecoming+parade+was+super+busy+and+exciting.+

The Marshfield Homecoming parade was super busy and exciting.

Harleigh Davidson, Writer

The Marshfield Homecoming Parade was held on Thursday, September 20. The parade line up started at 4:30 pm and the actual parade started at 5 pm. The line up started at the beginning of the square and went down from there. The parade went through the square and ended at the junior high. People were standing and/or sitting on sidewalks to watch.

There were many different school sports and activities in the parade. To name a few, there were sports such as cheer, football, swimming, cross country, soccer, and  jaywalkers. Band was leading the parade, drumming and playing their instruments. Another part of band is color guard, they were leading the band greatly. Freshmen bass drum player Haley Barker said, “being a part of the parade is super fun and I love it.”

Of course we can’t forget about our homecoming court: freshmen Chelsey Brown and Owen Curley, sophomores Takiya Douglas and Levi Leagan, and juniors Leah Hyde and Mason Carter. The senior king and queen candidates were Maycee Fishel and Brayden Peck, Hannah Slavens and Jace Pulley, Maddie Gardner and Parker Cantrell. Last but not least, the Homecoming King and Queen Emily Whitehurst and Kollin Bailey. They were driven through the parade waving and smiling at everyone.

Among the many floats were class floats which were all creative. They all did a great job at incorporating the circus into the float. There was a competition on which class float was the best and the junior’s float won.