What’s Your New Year’s Resolution or…. Goal?

Tai Keowan, Newspaper Staff

As we swing into the new year we all have goals and resolutions that we’d like to accomplish. Most people try to better themselves whether it would be physical or mental or even to try something new. Now as we all know that sometimes it’s hard to stick by those goals that we create in start for the new year. It’s a new year and new semester for Marshfield High School students. What’s your new year’s resolution?

Sophomore Chandler Zimmerman said, “There’s somethings I would like to do this year [better] than last year. I would like to learn how to play piano and go to nats for debate and make music.”

Zimmerman had also said that one of the things he would like to do opposed to last year is “end the year with all A’s. I didn’t do that last year.”

There have been statements floating around the internet and the school that students and people outside of school usually don’t make resolutions due to not wanting to make or break the year. A study done in 2016 says, “eight percent of people actually keep their New Year’s Resolution.”  In our high school 64 percent of people said yes that they make New Year’s Resolution and 36 percent said no.

The question is asked do you make New Year’s resolutions or goals? If so, what are your New Year’s resolutions?