Fall blood drive came to Marshfield High School

Jordyn Koons

Marshfield High School junior Kaleb Crocker gave blood Tuesday, Nov. 21st.

Jordyn Koons, Editor

On Tuesday, Nov. 21, the fall blood drive came to Marshfield High School. The blood drive brought in a total of 78 registered donors, 3 of which were staff members. The blood drive started at 8:30 a.m. and went through 1:45 p.m. The theme for this years blood drive was ‘Be a hero. It’s in your blood.’

Senior Tai Keowan, began giving blood his sophomore year and has donated ever since. When asked why he donated blood this year Keowan said, “I give blood each year to help people out.”

Keowan is not the only student to give blood to help people out. Out of the four people that were interviewed, three of them also gave blood to help people. However, that was not always the case.

Senior Gabriel Keifert, gave blood last year and decided to donate again this year. When asked why he decided to donate both years Keifert said, “I decided to donate blood for the free food. That was the same reason last year too.”

No matter the reason for donating, the blood all goes for the same cause, to help people. By the end of the day, a total of 61 units of blood was collected total. The original goal for the blood drive was to collect a total of 70 units of blood, if not more. Even though the goal was not met, the blood that was collected will still help a lot of people.

Great job Marshfield High School!