The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sweater Showdown

Which “ugly” Christmas sweater comes out on top?
Sweater+Showdown
332657719032101

Ugly Christmas sweaters are a staple of the holiday season with many classic designs, but which one is truly the best worst sweater out there? 

At number 5 I have the sweaters with part of Santa or an elf’s body connected at the neckline. The sweaters are like those stands with holes in them for people to put their faces through except instead of corn or a pirate it’s Santa or an elf. The sweaters have some charm and are a little funny but they just aren’t something that I would wear. These truly put the “ugly” in ugly sweaters. 

photo credits: amazon.com

Number 4 on my list are sweaters that say “Ho ho ho” on them. They have a classic holiday charm to them with Santa’s catchphrase, but, unfortunately, they just don’t have enough appeal to me compared to other sweaters I’ve seen.

photo credits: amazon.com

Middle of the list at number 3 are sweaters with a mirror on them as the “ugly” part of the sweater. The first time I’d seen someone have a sweater with this I was in 2nd grade and I thought that it was hilarious, but as I’ve gotten older it’s beginning to lose its comedic value. They’re still better than others I’ve seen and they do make a good joke though.

photo credits: uglychristmassweaters.com

2nd on my list are sweaters that say “Let it snow” on them. I find that these sweaters tend to have better designs than the other sweaters with words on them like the “ho ho ho” sweaters. These sweaters can still be a little ugly but if I had to choose between these sweaters and any of the previous ones I would pick this one in a heartbeat.

photo credits: tipsyelves.com

At 1st place, my favorite sweater design of them all are sweaters with cats on them. I always see at least one person wearing a cat sweater on an “ugly sweater day” and they’re always very charming. Many of the other sweaters have one general design and not much variation other than a color change and moving things around but there are so many different kinds of cat sweaters. A lot of them have a joke or pun to them that makes the sweater a little more enjoyable at least for a little while.

Photo credit: customizedgirl.com