Color Guard Has New Colors

Destin Schroeder, Writer

Color Guard tryouts are now here at Marshfield High School as many students will audition to represent their school next year at all of the school’s biggest events. Tryouts for Color Guard took place during the week of Nov. 27 through Dec. 1.

Many people may not know exactly what Color Guard does, so coordinator Lori Hutton gave her synopsis of their job. “The Color Guard provides the visual element to the marching show.  Each show is designed based upon music and movement. The Color Guard performs routines that augments both the music and the movement through visual means.​ The Color Guard performs along with the high school band at each home football game, the homecoming parade and the Marshfield Christmas parade.”

Around 30 students try out for Color Guard each year and at the end of tryouts a judge will determine who will be a part of the Color Guard.

Hutton walked us through the process of trying out for Color Guard, “Each student learns routines all week long and then auditions on Friday. The judges choose those students who audition very well and have a great work ethic.​

Today is the last day of tryouts which means the announcement of who will be representing our school will be made soon.