The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Wall of Hope

Recently a wall for prayers has popped up in an unexpected place.

There are many different religious groups here at MHS, like FCA who meets on Wednesday mornings. But a certain student has taken the initiative to create places outside of specific sponsored events, like See You at the Pole, for prayers.

Sophomore Addisyn Clark wanted to create a place where students would be able to connect with each other over their own problems without the feeling of being judged. She placed a prayer wall in the bathroom by the cafeteria and auditorium.

Clark said that making the prayer wall was entirely her own doing. She didn’t get any assistance from a teacher or other staff member, and the prayer wall is completely unrelated to FCA. She went out and bought a canvas board, wrote on it, and then put it in the bathroom.

Clark chose the specific bathroom that she did because, “There’s a lot of girls that hang out in there alone in the mornings and during lunch, and so I thought if they saw that it would make them feel connected.”

She hopes any student that sees the prayer wall feels heard and that other students understand them.