The Student News Site of Marshfield High School

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Jay Chatter

Polls

What's your favorite spirit day?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

One Step Closer To Districts

On September 16, 2023, the Marshfield High School Choir went to Kickapoo High School in Springfield to compete against other schools of several districts to see who could rise up to the challenge of being in the top 200 choir students. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Students who made it include: 

Freshmen: Alton Smith, Sadie Buckallew and Hannah Palubicki

Sophomores: Kate Cochran, Katelyn York, Jasper Boone, Elizabeth “Bea” Corkins, Reagyn Fraizer, Katie “Kai” Vo and Rossi Reid

Juniors: Cora Johnson, Journey Jones, Luke Rockwood and Tara Snow

Seniors: Shayla Smith, Avery Byars and Aaron Coleman 

To go along with that, there were two students that really stood out among their peers, both are juniors and come from the tenor section, Luke Rockwood and Tara Snow. These two students now have a chance to audition for All-State and compete in state competitions.

These students will rehearse at Evangel University before the concert that will be held at Evangel and will be open to everyone on November 4 at 4 PM.

A few words from some of the auditionees:

“I got to hang out with my friends, sing, and have a great time.” – freshman Easton Elie

“I liked that Mrs. Pyle made sure we were all properly prepared for our auditions.” – sophomore Jasper Boone

“Sight reading was very fun.” – senior Avery Byars

The Jay Chatter team would like to congratulate the individuals who made it and wish them luck at their concert.