The JAG Induction

Veronica Lampley

On October 19, JAG, or Jobs for America’s Graduates, had an induction ceremony.x The ceremony started around 6:30 pm and lasted about an hour and a half to two hours. This included a dinner for the families of students in JAG and any other guests.

JAG works to help students find what they want to do after graduation, but they also help in many more ways.

Allyson “Ally” Trantham, a senior who is also the vice president of our schools JAG group, said, “It’s helped me with my social anxiety a lot already, and just being able to get out there and help people.”

Trantham also said that, “We learn about how to shift from school life to work life [and] how to maintain above drowning in work and everything. So it just helps us get the background knowledge of a whole bunch of things.”

As vice president Trantham is in charge of planning meetings with other JAG groups, making sure other members are heard, and taking on the president’s role if they aren’t there. They’re the “Head of Leadership” as Shelly Jones, the teacher in charge of JAG, puts it. 

Jones says that for JAG students “They show great promise and we feel like if they’re just given a little bit of support they’re gonna do incredible things when they leave high school.”

JAG goes on a lot of tours outside of the high school and they even bring in guest speakers to help their members find what they want to do after graduation.