Jay Chatter

Hats On For Two Dollars

Harleigh Davidson, Writer

Mason Hinkle did his senior project on Friday, March 22. Students were allowed to wear hats all day as long as they’ve paid $2. Once students paid, they would get a sticker to place on their hat. 

Students are not allowed to wear hats on normal school days. Hinkle took this into consideration and stated that, “I chose to do a hat day because I know that everyone wants to wear a hat to school.”

All proceeds will go to St. Jude Hospital. Hinkle said, “The proceeds are going to St. Jude because my family has been affected by childhood cancer a lot and we do as much as we can for the family’s that are there.”  

According to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s website, approximately 75% of their budgeted costs are covered by public contributions. Donations count and will be used to provide breakthrough research and treatment of childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Their goal is to advance cures and means of prevention for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.

They’ve treated children from all fifty states and around the world. Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. Donations are a big part of their organization and will help a lot.

Freshman Lilliegh Rahmoeller said, “I think that the donations going to St. Jude are a super good idea. The money is going to a good organization that definitely deserves it.”

• MHS News

Off to Washington

• Hats On For Two Dollars

MHS News

“KY3 Is The Place To Be”

• Hats On For Two Dollars

MHS News

Missouri Representative Congratulate Students On Senior Projects

• Hats On For Two Dollars

Arts & Entertainment

Us is a Thriller

• Hats On For Two Dollars

MHS News

Dancing With The Stars

• MHS News

Pulsera Project

• News

Prom Preview

• Hats On For Two Dollars

Arts & Entertainment

5 Feet Apart is a Thumbs Up

• MHS News

Passion For Fashion

• Hats On For Two Dollars

MHS News

Marshfield Schools App

The Student News Site of Marshfield High School
Hats On For Two Dollars