Student Of The Week 03/04: Johanna Ehrich

Student+of+the+week%2C+Johanna+Ehrich.+

Student of the week, Johanna Ehrich.

Abigail Swanigan

Johanna Ehrich is an exchange student from Germany for the 2018-2019 school year at MHS.

“I’ve always wanted to be an exchange student and United States have always been one of my dream destinations. I didn’t get to choose where I‘m staying but I‘m glad I ended up living in Marshfield,” said Ehrich.

Ehrich enjoyed sailing but she doesn’t have the opportunity to do that in Missouri.

“I also love horse riding. Just being with my friends is definitely one of my favorite things to do no matter if we cook or bake something together, watch movies or just do anything, it’s always fun,” said Ehrich

Her favorite subjects in Germany were History, English and Geography. Here in the US it’s History and Psychology.

“I‘ve been interested in Psychology for a long time now and it’s definitely something I could imagine studying in college. History has always seemed interesting to me, just to know what all happened before I was even born and hearing about what changed the world and made everything the way it is now,” said Ehrich.

She has been staying with the Boggs family. Daphne Boggs is a junior at MHS this year and is a part of Johanna’s host family.

“My family is amazing and I couldn’t have dreamed of a better host family. I‘m thankful for everything they have done for me,” said Ehrich.

With memories such as getting ready for a football game, applying her face paint, standing through the game and then going to McDonald’s afterwards, she is starting to miss her home.

“I definitely miss a lot about Germany, especially my family, but this will always be like a second home to me and I‘ll definitely come back to visit all the great people I met. I could imagine going to college here but only for a semester or two,” said Ehrich.

Johanna is leaving Marshfield on June 15, to go to Washington D.C. where she will meet up with more German exchange students. The following day (June 16) the group of students will board a flight and head home to Germany.

“I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who made this experience so special to me. Being an exchange student isn’t always easy but it was one one the best decisions I’ve made in my whole life,” said Ehrich.