FFA Week

Officer Lindsay Deckard wears her FFA T-Shirt

Ethan Ragsdel, Writer

National FFA Week is a time for FFA members to host activities that raise awareness about the role the FFA plays in the development of agriculture’s future leaders and the importance of agricultural education. This year FFA Week started on Feb. 17 and ran through Feb. 24. During the week members had a chance to share agriculture with their peers and their community as well. They also had a canned food drive on Thursday. Students brought in 3 canned goods, in order to wear their hat all day. The club collected  about 300 to 400 canned food items. They also did spirit days, such as: Merica’ Monday, Camo Day, Boots and Bibbs day, Flannel and hat day and ending the week wearing their FFA shirts.

FFA Week was organized by the National FFA Board of Directors in 1948. Since then, it has been celebrated by all FFA Chapters in the Country. Every year the members go on some sort of trip, Justin Cron,one of the  Ag. teachers here at MHS, he said, “Every year we take about 120 Marshfield FFA members bowling and other various activities.”

The club does activities throughout the week to boast morals. Cron credits the FFA members with helping, and said, “Our FFA Officer team, which consists of 10 FFA Members, organize the dress up days, FFA shirt design and are in charge of cooking breakfast for the entire chapter one morning during FFA Week.”

One of the clubs officers, Lindsay Deckard, said, “It’s really fun, and I’m excited to go bowling.”

The members are going bowling February 27, and have an open gym on March 1.