Jay Chatter

MHS Wrestling to 4 – 0

Cantrell+before+pinning+his+opponent.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

MHS Wrestling to 4 – 0

Cantrell before pinning his opponent.

Cantrell before pinning his opponent.

Cantrell before pinning his opponent.

Cantrell before pinning his opponent.

Bradyn Porter, writer

Marshfield wrestling team has been killing it lately! They have a winning record not to mention they blow teams out of the water, beating each team by 20 to 30 points every match. They have worked and worked since summer to compete and win against any team they wrestle this year. They have a strong senior class this year as Clay Wilson, Jordan Irwin and Travin Plemmons return to the varsity line-up. They have lost wrestling state qualifier Deryl VanNostrand as he took his talents to Westminster after graduation.

On Dec. 11, The MHS wrestling team took care of business as they took down two, class four teams and it wasn’t even close. There first duel was against the Ozark Tigers. The Jays never lost the lead to Ozark as they beat them 48 – 34. A big performance from sophomore Garrett Cantrell set the tone in the 150 weight class as he pinned his opponent in six seconds, breaking his personal record by 40 seconds. Cantrell then stated, “It was so much fun competing and getting that win and this match was definitely something to remember.”

Later after that, they went on to face the Waynesville Tigers that night and it resulted the same as the Ozark duel did, but Waynesville was way easier. They went on to beat them, taking them to 4 – 0. The score was 45 – 24. Another sophomore set the tone that night for the 140 weight class as Andrew Lathem pinned his opponent in a total of 12 seconds, beating his personal record by a little over a minute. Lathem quoted, “That match was by far the easiest match I have had and it was pretty fun.”

The Jays look to take care of business Thursday, Dec. 11, at Monett. They will be  wrestling Neosho and Monett. Monett is the best team in the state in class 2 as well as Neosho, ranked number 1 in class 3. The Jays still look forward to wrestling them tonight. Go Jays!

About the Writer
Bradyn Porter, writer

I'm Bradyn Porter. I'm a 15 year old freshman who likes basketball. I listen to 21 savage. This is my first year in the newspaper class. My favorite types...

• MHS News

Spring Fever

• News

5 Wrestlers Take on State

• MHS Wrestling to 4 – 0

Sports

Lady Jays Take on Camdenton

• MHS Wrestling to 4 – 0

Sports

Just Keep Swimming

• MHS Wrestling to 4 – 0

Sports

Dribbling Into Districts

• Sports

Dancing to Win

• MHS Wrestling to 4 – 0

Sports

Leanna Merrell Makes School History

• Sports

Boys Game Against Mt. Vernon

• News

Super Boring LIII

• MHS Wrestling to 4 – 0

Sports

Boys Wrestling Host the Marshfield Duals

The Student News Site of Marshfield High School
MHS Wrestling to 4 – 0