Jay Chatter

Nike Boycott

Photo was taken by; Nike co.

Photo was taken by; Nike co.

Destin Schroeder, Writer

Last week one of the most successful sports brands, Nike revealed Colin Kaepernick as their cover athlete with their latest motto being, “Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.” Kaepernick, widely being known for his protests against the National Anthem during football games, took his protesting to the next level with this ad. Many people have decided to boycott Nike as a sign they are against the message and Kaepernick’s protest. Even with all the boycotting going on around the world Nike remains adamant on their current campaign and the message they’re sending. Other athletes that are a part of the campaign include, LeBron James, Serena Williams, Shaqueem Griffin, and a few others. All of them have one thing in common, they’re bigger than just an athlete. They all are helping out their communities and stand for their own passions. Reasons like that are why they are great people to represent this campaign and our culture in America. People all around the world are taking this message from Kaepernick and Nike in different way. A student here at MHS gave us their opinion on the boycott, “I think it’s sad people are so small minded.”

About the Writer
Destin Schroeder, Writer

Hey my name is Destin Schroeder, I am 16 years old. I have my own license and my favorite brand is Hollister. I own 2 dogs and my favorite is Sam, she...

• Nike Boycott

Opinion

The Upside was a true Upside

• News

Humans Impact on the Environment

• Nike Boycott

Arts & Entertainment

Creed II is Knockout

• Nike Boycott

Opinion

The Upside was a true Upside

• MHS News

Rally Day Pep-Assembly

• MHS News

MHS Yearbook Retrospect Winners

• Student Life

Rally Day is Cancelled

• Sports

Rally Days Games Rescheduled

• Student Life

Kickin’ It with Coltan

• Nike Boycott

MHS News

Starry Night

The Student News Site of Marshfield High School
Nike Boycott